Guardians of Canin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bare Your Fangs!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Shula Region - An AU Pokemon RP - Looking for new Mods
by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:42 am

» Have We Met? [P]
by Rayne Gray Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:47 am

» Rayne vs Silas
by Noella Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:09 pm

» Sight For Sore Eyes [P]
by The Fates Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:37 pm

» A Fishy Tale | AW
by Brawn Easton Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:51 pm

» Valentines Day Show and Tell
by Noella Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:25 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Switch Account
Switch user:

Friend or Foe [P]

2 posters

Go down

Friend or Foe [P] Empty Friend or Foe [P]

Post by Silas Deimos Zorath Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:21 pm

What better place to be during the current season than the Winter pack's territory itself? While he isn't very hungry he does appreciate the beautiful open tundra at the base of the Zigzag mountains he now climbs. The local bison herd had been grazing and grunting lowly among themselves, glancing every now and then at the strikingly dark wolf against the pale terrain surrounding the place. They relaxed considerably when he moved on from the plains. It's late afternoon with the sun lazily warming the still air around the mountain path which tightens his flying abilities around the rocky area. He can lean his body and arch his wings to maneuver at the very most but has yet to detect any nearby pack wolves...most disappointing, he was hoping for a more exciting trip here in Winter's land.

Uttering a droll sigh the horned Hell Hound fans his black wings open in the sky before coming down to a rough ledge, alighting carefully and gingerly tucking in his powerful wings to his wide frame. The brute snorts as he turns his head to take in the trail ahead of him. No recent territory markings or paw marks so it must have been a night or two since any of the have been out here. This could increase his chance of running into a pack wolf so the thief decides to tread carefully by sticking low to the trail, close against the boulders and partially phasing in and out of the shadows. He pauses to rub his horned skull against a rock base to alleviate a budding itch there as well as leave a daring scent mark before trotting onward down the trail.

Silas soon finds a dark crevice and mingles with the void filling it, tucking himself into this pocket of shadow to await any potential victims today. The winged wolf licks his chops and yawns, maw parting to have his shoulders elevate slightly with the motion which cracks a couple of cervical vertebrae in a delightful manner. Now the demon must remain patient.
Silas Deimos Zorath
Silas Deimos Zorath

Thief
OOC : Pesty
MS : 58
Health : 168

Back to top Go down

Friend or Foe [P] Empty Re: Friend or Foe [P]

Post by Maell Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:57 pm

"Hi low sun
I will not lie,
My favorite part of you
The fire that burns my eyes,
And I can't look away."

The soft yet beautifully haunting song drifted through the area as the lanky female made her way through. Singing had been a strongly held tradition in Maell's birth pack and ever since she'd left them, she'd held on to it with a passion. To her, it was the only thing that kept the bond between her and her family. As the young girl sang, she pranced through the rocky terrain blissfully, taking in the warm rays of sun and the gentle breeze. She didn't care who, if anyone, was hearing her sing. Her eyes were shut as she pranced through, just enjoying the newly found freedom she possessed.

Suddenly a jolt shocked her light blue orbs open as she fell back onto her rump. Her small frame had slammed against something extremely large, and hairy? Her first thought was that she had bumped into a rock covered in moss, they were everywhere here on the mountain, but after allowing herself a moment to take in her surroundings, she realized it was another wolf. Her ears pinned back instantly as she leaped up to her paws. "Oh my goodness! I am so sorry!" She could hardly get the words out as she stared at the male in horror at what she'd done. "Did I hurt you? So silly of me to not be paying attention to where I was going, my deepest apologies sir." Maell was practically on top of the male now as she frantically searched for any sign of injury. She didn't even take the time to notice his massive horns or wings but instead scurried around in the shadows around him frantically.
Maell
Maell

Herbalist
OOC : Naviira
MS : 20
Health : 200

Back to top Go down

Post by Silas Deimos Zorath Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:10 pm

While he brooded there in the shadowed nook and blinked at the mountain scenery before him, pondering if he should really linger any longer, when a light, bell-like voice sang out to make his ears prick forth. Horned head turning his brow furrows beneath his horns. This mysterious singing maiden is getting closer but from which direction? The rocky walls and muffled snowy path make it difficult for the thief to hear very properly from his pocketed little space. Humming lowly he twists his head a little too late, just in time for a mocha she-wolf to plow head first into his haunches. He grunts in response, more out of surprise, while his wings partially try to pop open to protect himself in case this was an abrupt pack ambush. When the smaller femme scrambles to her paws spilling an apology from her lips, he relaxes his wings while slowly heaving himself up to turn in the tight space and face her. Or rather, use his mass to block her from getting by any further on the path now.

It seemed as though the shadows swelled to the space behind her as well now while Silas made sure to creep just a little bit too close for comfort with his flat stare at the dainty, if not clumsy, fae, "No, no damage done...I seem to have laid down right in the path, serves a fool like me right...my apologies for being in the way, my dear lady. What are you doing on this rather desolate rock?" he mulls as he makes no attempt to hide the fact that his eyes paint up and down her long legs. Rather lean and lanky, no doubt a swift runner...very possibly a pack wolf judging by the odor coming off of her. He'll need to tread lightly with this one.
Silas Deimos Zorath
Silas Deimos Zorath

Thief

Back to top Go down

Post by Maell Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:04 pm

It didn't take long for the stranger to notice the smaller frame of the female. Within seconds of Maell circling for injuries, she noticed that the male had turned to face her, and in turn, blocked her path. "No, no damage done...I seem to have laid down right in the path, serves a fool like me right...my apologies for being in the way, my dear lady. What are you doing on this rather desolate rock?." Her ears perked up happily at him comment, wide doe eyes looking up at him in relief. She barely noticed him looking over her as if she was a snack or the fact he had grown uncomfortably close, but simply beams up with a smile and replies, "Oh thank goodness!" Her tail wagged happily behind her as she pawed at the ground in a little dance. "I really should have been paying more attention to where I was going, but these walks just get the best of me!"

Maell smiled at the stranger for a moment longer before noticing something she had never seen before. Wings.. and horns!? Her mouth practically dropped at the sight! Quickly the female was back to inspecting the male, closing the distance between them even more as she pawed at the base of his right wing. "Woah! You are so cool! None of the wolves in Winter has wings like yours!" She basically radiated pure joy as she messed with his feathers, her tail wagging extremely fast behind her.
Maell
Maell

Herbalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Silas Deimos Zorath Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:56 pm

Typically speaking those he comes across see him as a smirch to the lupine blood line, his own genetics twisted with Wraith and Hell Hound. He's been seen as a demon, a mutt, a monster, an angel of death. As such he anticipates revulsion or scorn. Instead of seeming intimidated by his appearance this little she-wolf is...rejoicing it. Silas had been mentally working himself up to be surly towards her or even find something on her to swipe. Seeing her do that jubilant little jog had him changing his mind a little too quickly for comfort. What sorcery was this? Is that her power, disarming one like an innocent pup does with those quivering noses and big eyes? It's starting to take affect on him. He can't work up anything snappish or snide to remark upon seeing those dewy blue eyes of hers.

The way she moved, nearly wiggled, her way over to closely inspect his wings and even paw at one earns a surprised chuckle from the male that ends in a light snort. Damn, he hates it when he does that. His wings in response open slightly and expand with the flight feathers fanning out to their full extent. So she's indeed a pack wolf, yet she isn't trying to mow him down or drag him instantly to her Guardian. There's nothing about her that can be flagged as a threat. Everything about her is...pure. With a rather owlish blink the thief finds himself cracking a wry smile at the bouncy lass. No, he can't bring himself to do this one any sort of harm. Far too innocent. He bows his head to her and tries not to feel sheepish while his own tail loftily wags in response. "I...thank you, that's very kind. They can get in the way, too though. I don't do well in the rain and am not very comfortable swimming. I've never seen a wolf with eyes as blue as the heavens."
Silas Deimos Zorath
Silas Deimos Zorath

Thief

Back to top Go down

Post by Maell Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:50 pm

Personal space was something Maell had never learned. To her, it wasn't an issue to be within an inch of someone or even touch them at all times in some sort of way. It's just the way she was.. clingy. As the male stretched out his wing to full length, she practically squealed in delight. "It's gorgeous! You're like a- a hawk! A big bird!" Her toes continued to tap happily under her as she moved to examine the backside of his wing. Without warming she hopped up onto her back legs, allowing her front to drape over the wing and hold up her body weight, though this wouldn't be an issue for the larger male.

"I...thank you, that's very kind. They can get in the way, too though. I don't do well in the rain and am not very comfortable swimming." She giggled at his comment, a dopey grin forming as she peered up at him. "You won't like this area very much then, snow is frozen water, silly! We Winter wolves have a lot of snow around here."

The male spoke up again. "I've never seen a wolf with eyes as blue as the heavens." Her mouth nearly dropped open at this comment. He had seen the heavens!? Quickly Maell was back to gawking at the male, though now she had collected her energy enough to stand in front of the winged canine rather than be swarming him. "Oh my goodness! Is it really that blue up there?! I've seen the blue from down here, but my, if only I could see it from your view!" Her words became faster and faster as she spoke, her energy quickly slipping out of her control. He was like a bird! Free to fly and see whatever he wanted!
Maell
Maell

Herbalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Silas Deimos Zorath Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:51 pm

Is he going soft? How is it he can't bring himself to so much as snark, or even sneer at the Winter pack member? While he isn't used to being touched he doesn't shy away from it now. In a past life they could have been pack mates. Perhaps he would even have considered her a little sister once upon a time. He doesn't know why he's been having such wistful, sentimental thoughts as of late. Something about this young lady's naivety just beams and radiates off of her. It's enough to melt away his icy exterior. Her words still struck a deep cord with him, he never heard those words growing up. He was familiar with a much more disdainful vocabulary.

When she suddenly reared up to flop over his wing the male smiles and easily holds her body with his feathered limb as he maintains the muscle groups. The glossy raven feathers are well groomed and in full plumage, a wonderfully plush surface to lay on. His tail wags slowly as he can't help but keep smiling back at the burst of sunshine. "Silly me, indeed. I'm at the mercy of your pack's element. My name is Silas." he informs her as she suddenly bounces to stand in front of him now. What a bolt of lightning!

As she prattles about the sky his wings stiffen and his ears perk, horned head lifting upright with a sudden thought. "You can see it too, you know. You have every right to see the skies above Winter's land. I can give you a ride with a little bit of help from my friends..." from beneath his wings, six shadow 'tendrils' coil upwards to stretch out and lightly wave above his wings.
Silas Deimos Zorath
Silas Deimos Zorath

Thief

Back to top Go down

Post by Maell Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:55 am

Maell could barely keep in her excitement as she stood before the male, her toes tapping happily beneath her and her tail a flash of fur behind her. This male was just so cool! With wings and horns like his, surely there was no other being in Canin as majestic as him. As Silas introduced himself, the dark female bowed her head slightly and lifted up a paw in greeting. "It's nice to meet you! I'm Maell.. Like May but if you had your tongue stuck to an ice sickle!" Not the best way to describe the way to pronounce her name, but it made sense to her and that's what mattered.

Suddenly something changed about the male. From beneath his wings, long black swirly things began to appear.. er, grow from him? Maell couldn't help back take a couple of steps away, her ears pinning back in fright. "You can see it too, you know. You have every right to see the skies above Winter's land. I can give you a ride with a little bit of help from my friends..." His words didn't make much sense to her right now. Those things were his friends!? With a big gulp, she composed herself enough to crawl back towards the large male, sniffing uneasily at the tendrils. "W-What are they? Do they hurt you?" Her body shook slightly with fear despite how hard she tried to remain calm. A thought kept running through her mind... 'Dark individuals hold evil magic', a belief her parents had tried to instill inside of her. She didn't want to believe this, however. She was dark-colored but yet she was good. But this male was dark-colored and now had dark scary things growing from him.. was this the dark magic her parents had warned her about?
Maell
Maell

Herbalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Silas Deimos Zorath Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:31 pm

Perhaps he's just been spending too much time in his home deep in the abyssal woods filled with Wraiths. The local packs apparently have far more tolerant wolves than the last generation. It's possible given how this dark pelted fae has reacted to such an intruder being within Winter's land. Her enthusiastic energy is laced with positivity and he cannot help but feel it spreading. Even her description of how to pronounce her name is cute, earning a chuckle from the sooty male. However the manifestation of his element clearly causes the sweet blossom duress and apprehension. She was most likely reconsidering her open approach to him. Seeing the unease etched in her visage makes him flinch, wings tucking against his ribs in a meek manner. Oh no, he doesn't want to scare her off! Ears flattening submissively his tail wiggles in short, slow strokes.

"They are my element, the shadows, Lady Maell, and no they don't harm me at all! They won't harm you either, they will hug you between my wings on my back." hopefully a comforting thought, he says this in an uncharacteristically hasty manner, fretting over spooking the sweet blossom away. Silas offers a reassuring smile and kneels down to allow her to continue the inspection. A few of the tendrils shyly recoil from the tickle of her whiskers although one playfully weaves, combing harmlessly through the fur on her cheek with a cool stroke. "If you're uncomfortable with it, we don't have to fly today. Another time." a compromise just in case the young lady is shying away from the dark magic emanating from him. He clears his throat lightly before continuing on, "I inherited my father's element and my mother's wings. It was a surprise to them both that I hadn't been endowed with Air at birth and the others in the pack had--fears, doubts of my outcome. I assure you that shadows aren't all darkness and nightmares. It can be soothing, too. Gentle. Peaceful."
Silas Deimos Zorath
Silas Deimos Zorath

Thief

Back to top Go down

Post by Maell Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:23 pm

The dark female’s past wasn’t something to be proud of. It began way before she was even conceived and was trained by dark magic from the start. Maell didn’t know any better, it had been ingrained in her to fear it. She wanted to believe otherwise, but it was hard when everyone around her said otherwise. Despite this, she wanted to give the male fair chance, and as he explained just exactly what the weird black strings were, she managed to calm herself down a bit. “Your element is shadows? I thought they were just the darkness cast by light,” She admitted sheepishly. A soft smile played at her features as one of the tendrils combed through her cheek, even managing to bring out a soft giggle from her maw. “They’re pretty.”

"I inherited my father's element and my mother's wings. It was a surprise to them both that I hadn't been endowed with Air at birth and the others in the pack had--fears, doubts of my outcome. I assure you that shadows aren't all darkness and nightmares. It can be soothing, too. Gentle. Peaceful." Her head tilted softly as he explained his origin and his powers further. It all sounded so... sad. Why were others afraid of him? He wasn’t bad. He was just... different. But Maell liked different! “I don’t look like either of my parents. My momma and papa are both light-colored, but I’m dark… like you!” She smiled brightly at the thought of being similar to the male. It completely blew over her head that what she had just mentioned completely revealed her unholy origin. Two light-colored wolves don’t make a dark child, but Maell didn’t know this. She thought it was just a 50/50 chance.

The girl moved beside the male once more, pawing playfully at the tendrils as she continued on. “I don’t know if my parents had powers, but I do! I can control water… and do this!” Instantly she began to fade from view until eventually, she was completely invisible. After a moment, the girl reappeared on the other side of the horned male, a smile beaming from ear to ear. “Momma never liked when I did it.. she said it was dark magic and that I was evil for it.” Her ears pinned back slightly at the thought, but it quickly faded. Within a moment she was pawing at the male’s wings once more and smiling up at him. “But it’s not as cool as flying! No one should be afraid of you!”
Maell
Maell

Herbalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Silas Deimos Zorath Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:07 pm

The Shadow rogue is very much relieved when the she-wolf decides to remain here instead of retreat from him. He wouldn't want to scare away this precious Winter wolf. It's shocking to be sure, but every once in a while one of the pack wolves surprises him in a good way. Not only is she accepting she is obviously a true innocent. There's no way he could be his typical grumpy-tail self with her, or too dark and broody. He's most certainly never had his shadows called "pretty" and they seem to preen themselves, rolling and unfurling with soft chittering whispers emanating from them. Seeing the girl's sheepish expression only makes him give a gentle chuckle. "They can be difficult to see sometimes and thank you." he does take pride in them now as an adult, including his twisted horns and wings. They made him unique and were functional in adding to his element as well as being of use without the Darkness. "Well, your dark coloring is much more distinctive, rich in shade and quite beautiful to behold. It suits you well and doesn't at all reflect your inner light. That comes out from those brilliant eyes of yours." all the brute can do is compliment Maell, she's so damn pure.

As she moves close again he smiles and finds his tail won't stop slowly wagging behind his burly haunches. The dark snakes coming out from his shoulder blades playfully twirl around her wrist as she toys with them, cool as smooth marble. When she even shares more about herself including her element he's further shocked when the girl becomes a ghost, fading out of sight for a moment. His eyes widen as his wings go erect, tendrils stiffening for a moment of what the fluff as well. Then those familiar words form and he gently strokes her with the tip of a wing once Maell starts pawing at him now, piping up that nobody should fear the raven feathered male.

With an arched brow the thief nudges her playfully with his chest. "My mother said the same thing about me, I know now that grown-ups used that term for things they couldn't explain, or seemed abnormal. Being different doesn't make anyone naturally evil. You have an amazing gift, I wish I could disappear from sight." especially for one of his position that would be a rather useful trick! It's a marvelous display and he wonders just what else the little Winter woman can accomplish. For the time being the rogue dips down again with his wings flattening to form padded ramps. The tendrils move aside and eagerly nod towards the man's broad lats and traps between his wings. She'd have enough room to rest comfortably atop the winged wolf. "I would be honored to give you a tour of our--your home." he freezes a second before correcting himself with a note of chagrin.
Silas Deimos Zorath
Silas Deimos Zorath

Thief

Back to top Go down

Post by Maell Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:39 pm

Maell had never quite met an individual like this shadowy male before, she man was she glad she had. Silas was quickly becoming a good friend to her, someone who she felt like she could trust and come to if things ever went wrong. He was different than the rest of the wolves she had come across in Canin.. but she liked that. She liked him. "Why thank you!" The girl beamed happily at the compliment of her eyes and her powers. She'd been told many times that they were strikingly blue, but she never liked to boast about them. To her, they were just another pair of ordinary blue eyes. As for her power, she knew it was rather uncommon, but with every wolf in the area being able to do something cool, maybe turning invisible wasn't the most unique.

As the male dipped down and flattened out his wings, the dark female gazed at him in a bit of confusion. That was until he spoke up again and mentioned giving her a tour. A smile spread across her lips as usual as she stepped towards his back, making sure to step carefully as she climbed on. It was rather awkward to be on another's back.. certainly not something she had every day, but she trusted the winged male to keep her safe. A quick thought ran through her head as she thought over what he had said and noticed the embarrassment across his features. "You know, this can be your home too," She said softly, lowing her head down towards his ears and neck. "I can be your friend here so you don't have to be so lonely." It was an oddly mature thing for the girl to say, but she meant every word of it. Nobody should be homeless.
Maell
Maell

Herbalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: