Guardians of Canin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bare Your Fangs!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Shula Region - An AU Pokemon RP - Looking for new Mods
by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:42 am

» Have We Met? [P]
by Rayne Gray Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:47 am

» Rayne vs Silas
by Noella Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:09 pm

» Sight For Sore Eyes [P]
by The Fates Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:37 pm

» A Fishy Tale | AW
by Brawn Easton Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:51 pm

» Valentines Day Show and Tell
by Noella Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:25 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Switch Account
Switch user:

Down the Rabbit Hole [P]

2 posters

Go down

Down the Rabbit Hole [P] Empty Down the Rabbit Hole [P]

Post by Naveen الكنز Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:09 pm

Normally he wouldn't chance being down so deep in a pack's territory, however the packs usually don't mind an alchemist coming through for resources. He just has to be very careful about revealing too much about his preferred alliance with the rebellion. Very few are within that fold who are still members of a pack. Still there are just so many wonderful roots and herbs that grow in a pack's land that he just can't find in the Underground or even the Nameless Lands. He is as respectful as possible and makes certain to identify himself to any pack wolf who approaches him. Not only that but while gathering he is exceedingly careful not to damage the local flora event after harvesting anything. Today he's carrying a light pelt satchel to allow him to carry what he needs back to the Underground in order to make a new batch of stamina and health potions.

He always carries a small vial or two in order to trade for safe passage, or just as a friendly sample to offer of his potions while out and foraging. Digging around through the hardened terrain of the Blue Pine Forest he noses into the dirt before tugging up a few rare roots to make an antidote for most poisons. With his head and shoulders lowered it leaves his tail vulnerable, up in the air, unsuspecting...
Naveen الكنز
Naveen الكنز

Alchemist
OOC : Pesty
MS : 20
Health : 200

Back to top Go down

Down the Rabbit Hole [P] Empty Re: Down the Rabbit Hole [P]

Post by Maell Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:04 pm

Maell was never one for wandering far. Too small, to frail, she thought, or more so, she had been told. But that didn't bother her at all! Her legs were long and that meant they were made for traveling! She had gained a healthy dose of wariness over the years, certainly, but in some instances, one had to wander. In this situation, for example, her favored vine tree didn't have any of the right sorts of vines on it. So, with a previously-crafted rope bag slung between her shoulders, the young herbalist set off at an energetic pace, paying little attention to where she was going or where her paws were landing. Away from her river-side home, she wandered into the thicker part of the Blue Pine Forest.

Her eyes flitted side to side as she strolled along, taking in all the beautiful sights the forest had to offer. She paced a few feet before finding the one tree she was after- another fine vine tree, just one that was further away and more hassle to begin with. And there she paused, reaching for her bag from her back, to prep for harvest. There were new nets to be made, and one simply couldn't make new nets without the proper supplies, material, or thought!

Suddenly movement caught the corner of her eye and she noticed she wasn't alone out here after all. A smile beamed from her lips as she called out to the stranger, "Oh hey there!" She watched as he dug at the ground, her head tilting in confusion for a moment. "Whatcha lookin' for?"
Maell
Maell

Herbalist
OOC : Naviira

Back to top Go down

Post by Naveen الكنز Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:30 pm

It was wonderful to be out from the Underground and rooting in the earth itself. Not that he doesn't appreciate the Underground, but it can be stifling being down in a series of caverns all day and night. At least he is surrounded by wolves with noble hearts. He can only hope to learn from all of them, even those who have gone astray towards the infernal Fenris. His narrow forelimbs easily start to carefully burrow in a depression in the ground by a rather promising looking tree. Ears slicked back in concentration he nearly starts to wag hi tail with anticipation--until a bell-like voice pulls him out from the hole he's softly begun to pull open in the ground. This being said he has a good layer of dirt on his cheeks and snout when he hops around, much like a fox does, to perk his cinnamon ears up at a chocolate she-wolf with dazzling eyes!

"Good afternoon, miss! I apologize for coming so far into the pack territory, but I'm seeking out lunan roots...they like to leech off of tree roots, so usually ones with thinner trunks have them wrapped around some of their own." the lunan is a hearty bush that produces spicy-sweet berries in the winter after flowering with small blue buds in the fall. It really likes blue pines and places with a large water source nearby. Still, just because he is here seeking them out doesn't mean he needs to try to shirk away from the locals in the pack. Naveen likes to interact and cannot help but be open towards even the surliest of strangers.

He shakes himself with a light sneeze to get rid of the layer of fresh soil before approaching the opposing wolf to pull in his left foreleg and give a friendly bow with his tail wagging behind his dusky haunches. "I have a couple of potions to offer to you and your pack, for me taking some of these resources. My name is Naveen, I'm an Alchemist." the nimble wolf introduces himself to the sweet looking fae.
Naveen الكنز
Naveen الكنز

Alchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maell Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:00 pm

As the stranger quickly jumped up and swiveled towards Maell, she couldn't help but feel like she had startled him. Her paws twitched uneasily and her ears pinned back slightly. Hopefully, she didn't scare him too bad.

"Good afternoon, miss! I apologize for coming so far into the pack territory, but I'm seeking out lunan roots...they like to leech off of tree roots, so usually ones with thinner trunks have them wrapped around some of their own." He shouted out to her.

She titled her head slightly at this response but was overall relieved to see that this male wasn't upset with her. In fact, he seemed rather friendly! "Oh no worries, sir! I'm sorry to have startled you so suddenly! I do forget how quiet I can be at times," She beamed back to him, watching as he bowed before her in an introduction. "My name is Maell, from Winter. I'm a herbalist and would be more than happy to take your generous offers!"

Swiftly, the female closed the distance between the two of them and her tail swayed happily behind her. It had been so long since she had found another in the same profession as her! It would be nice to share some information with someone who could truly understand and appreciate what she was talking about. "Lunan roots, huh? Been a while since I've seen one of those bushes around here, but I can take you to the place I saw one if you'd like." Maell smiled at the male as she spoke, turning her body to the side so that her pouch was facing the male and he could safely deposit the potions.
Maell
Maell

Herbalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Naveen الكنز Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:31 pm

He got over his initial startled response quickly, he had been so focused on his task that the Alchemist failed to pay attention to his surroundings. It was a little embarrassing, but rather than chide the trespassing male the Winter wolf remains friendly thank the spirits! As if reflecting his thoughts she apologizes for spooking him to which he dismissively shakes his head, tutting his tongue against the roof of his mouth. "I should pay more attention when my nose is in the dirt!" he ceases calling out to her as she introduces herself in turn, then moves closer to him so they no longer have to yell and he can give her the promised tokens.

"A pleasure to meet you, Maell and an honor to meet a fellow green pawed wolf." he says with a cheerful yip. She mentions that she's seen a bush nearby and this gives him a spark of hope. The nimble male deftly turns his head into his own satchel, a black otter skin bag, and pulls out two small crystal vials; one with a bright red liquid and the other a blue liquid. He moves gingerly to secure them in Maell's satchel. Once they were settled he wags his tail at her, "The red one is a health potion and that blue one is a strong antidote for poison." always handy to have in one's inventory when out and about or protecting their pack mates.

Naveen then stands at the ready to follow the female, moving with her once she goes to pad down the dense forest trail. He's always appreciated the pack territories for how varied the biomes are. Winter isn't a totally dead time for plants, there's still plenty going on and all the flora come out stronger, more vibrant after their natural season cycle. "Thank you so much, I'll be sure to thank your Guardian next time I see him, as well." it's only polite to acknowledge the current Guardian when entering a pack's territory!
Naveen الكنز
Naveen الكنز

Alchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maell Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:37 pm

As the male apologized for being so preoccupied in his search and then was pleased by their meeting, Maell couldn't help but beam a smile at him. It had been so long since someone friendly had come into Winter territory and she sure enjoyed the change of pace. She never was one for the grumpy pants or ankle-biter type company. What was the point of being that way anyways when you could be happy instead? It never made sense to the Herbalist, but she understood everyone wasn’t the same as her.

The brute placed the potions into her satchel and then proceeded to describe their uses, bringing yet another smile to her face. His friendly attitude was enough to make her life him, but his knowledge of the same profession as her made him practically family. She could care less about their pack differences! “Oh thank you very much, Naveen! I know my Guardian will be glad to have this in our stash!” Maell could tell the male was antsy to get going and so she wasted no more time. Her paws became to move her deeper into the forest, thus closer to the herb he was searching for.

A soft hum erupted from the girl’s maw as she moved along, though she didn’t notice she was producing the sound. It was a habit of hers, something she didn’t even realize she did. Most Winter wolves could recognize her just by this trait alone, but it may have been odd to strangers. "Thank you so much, I'll be sure to thank your Guardian next time I see him, as well." Her ears perked at his comment and she looked over her shoulder to speak as they walked. “That’s very kind of you.  I can tell him if that’s easier,” She offered. It could be intimating coming to speak to Guardian from another pack, but they were usually pretty understanding when understanding the Healer’s rank. It wasn’t possible to get everything you needed from just one area, you had to search and explore. “I’ll have to tell yours thank you as well next time I visit your homelands… uh, though, you failed to mention which pack you belong to. Who’s your Guardian?” It was meant purely as an inclination for manners. She didn’t want to be the rude one after all.
Maell
Maell

Herbalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Naveen الكنز Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:27 pm

It's rare for him to come across another genteel wolf with manners and an interest in socializing, perhaps making the world a better place, the land itself. If the packs can come together in peace and find balance amidst the fighting then Mother Nature can begin to heal the wounds done by her damaged children. As a peace keeper himself he prefers to spread the love as it were. Kind words, mutual respect and offering his crafted potions are what he can to do contribute to bettering canine kind. He must have good fortune this season because Maell appears to be of like-mind, a wolf cut from the same cloth. Well, except for her being in a pack and thusly prepared to wage war--that isn't why he's here and it isn't what he wishes to focus on. No, he enjoys this moment now between himself and this endearing Winter wolf with crystal eyes.

Easily trotting next to her the short furred male remains on the opposite side of the wind so the taller female's height partially shields him from an icy breeze which causes a displeased ripple through the Alchemist. While he loves this land he sure wishes there weren't such rare herbs or roots to only be gathered in Winter's territory as well as the season itself. His genetics didn't bless him with much protection from the cold and if he ever gets caught in a freezing river or harsh blizzard he'll be in deep trouble. A melodious hum has him tilting his head curiously as his bright orange eyes zero in on Maell again. It's a habit unfamiliar to him and he finds he enjoys the sound of even her hum! The tone of her voice alone is alluringly tranquil. His good mood isn't even dampened when she asks about a Guardian. He's been through questions before and answering them with partial truths makes the honest lad feel much less guilty later.  "Oh, I used to be part of the Fall pack but I joined a small religious sect, mostly Healers, Shamans, their Apprentices and Alchemists who share their craft with the rest of the wolves around here. We come and go through the pack territories only if we need to forage so we try to remain respectful." not at all unheard of and not threatening at all.

Besides, he did share with her his origins so there is plenty of honesty in that. Naveen has no issue answering any questions as truthfully as possible, so long as it doesn't compromise the Rebellion or any of its members. He would rather put himself in danger than risk the Underground's location or anyone's identity but he wants to maintain a positive relationship with Canin's pack wolves. Better business for the cunning Alchemist! Tail wagging he smiles at the dark pelted maiden.  "Give Brawn my regards, I do hope those potions come in handy sometime. If you ever want anything in specific made, just let me know and I'll see what I can whip up. It's the least I can do for your guidance today."
Naveen الكنز
Naveen الكنز

Alchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maell Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:21 pm

"Oh, I used to be part of the Fall pack but I joined a small religious sect, mostly Healers, Shamans, their Apprentices and Alchemists who share their craft with the rest of the wolves around here. We come and go through the pack territories only if we need to forage so we try to remain respectful."

A group of healing inspired wolves? Maell definitely liked the sound of that, though she wondered why she'd never heard of them before. During the period between her old birthplace and her time in Winter, she'd spent a lot of her time wandering the lands and talking to those around, but never once had she come across this group the Alchemist spoke of. Her ears pinned back slightly as she thought over the matter more, even wondering what it would be like if she were to join them, or a group like them. It would be nice to be surrounded by like-minded wolves all the time, maybe even a bit homier then these cold lands.

No.. she loved Winter and the wolves she met there.. these thoughts were dangerous. She could never leave them, right? She couldn't betray her pack like that, especially not after they took her in and cared for her. With a shake of her head, Maell drug herself out of her thoughts and refocused on the male just enough to catch a familiar name. "Brawn? You know Brawn?" It surprised her that Naveen would know another Winter wolf, but perhaps during one of his other travels, they had crossed paths. "I like Brawn, he's nice." She smiled happily as they trotted along, a happy aura returning to her frame.

As the two moved along, the area of forest they entered became much denser and in return, much darker. It didn't seem to bother the female at all though, she knew this place like the back of her paw. With tail flowing behind her, she quickly made her way towards a tree and called out to her friend, "Here you go! One Lumen root." At the base of the tree happened to be the exact plant the Alchemist had been looking for, just as the girl had promised.
Maell
Maell

Herbalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: